Thursday, April 15, 2010

Review: Pleasure Me Purse Kit

I adore a nice massage. Seriously, if the masseuse is any good, I completely melt away with bliss and relaxation. I like getting massages. I like giving massages. Massages are just a wonderful part of life.

So when Good Vibrations offered me a chance to review the Pleasure Me Purse Kit, I was more than game. I'd never tried a massage bar before; to be honest, I wasn't really sure what a massage bar was. I was skeptical of some of the rest of the kit, but I love trying samples. And Creme Brulee sounds like such a wonderful flavor. For anything.

When the kit arrived, I was more than a little shocked by the size. I knew it was a small kit of samples, but seriously? This thing is small! As in, tuck it in your coat pocket small! It's the perfect size for slipping in an overnight bag for a sexy weekend, and it's a great way to try out new products. The kit consists of a sample foil pack of Please water-based cream lubricant, a 1 oz bottle of Devour Me Lickable Body Oil in Creme Brulee, a 0.25 oz mini Rub Me Massage  Bar in After Dinner Mint, and one Magic Touch bullet vibrator, all in a little plastic purse. All but the bullet are GoodVibes exclusives.


The massage bar was my favorite part of the kit. Made with only cocoa butter, shea butter, and essential oils, it's a delightful treat for the skin. To use, you unwrap it from the foil (Carefully! You want to be able to re-wrap, to save the rest for more massages.) and begin to gently rub it on your hands or across the skin to be massaged. As it warms to skin temperature, it begins to melt, leaving a wonderful, slick, rich massage butter. A little goes a long way - the little 0.25 oz mini bar is good for 3-4 back massages easily. It slowly absorbs into the skin, keeping the hands gliding smoothly for at least 20 minutes, then sinking into the skin and leaving it soft and smooth. There's no greasy or sticky residue to clean off. The scent of the After Dinner Mint bar is absolutely delightful. It's a soft, almost slightly sweet minty scent, like mint tea. The cocoa butter was there as an undertone that complemented the mint well. The scent is both soothing and refreshing at once. It was strong enough to be pleasant, but not so strong that it was overpowering or bothered my asthma. It's a nice scent that's gender-neutral, unlike many flowery or fruity scented massage products. And unless you're allergic to one of the essential oils used, it's unlikely to cause a reaction in even very sensitive skin.

The edible massage oil was the product I was most worried about. I've tried a few different lickable and kissable products, and most were just ok at best, or awful at worst. I was expecting this to be of the former variety, since it is GoodVibe's house line. I was wrong. This stuff is absolutely delicious in scent and in flavor. It really is lickable - rub and caress it into the skin, then kiss and lick all over. It doesn't taste like eating creme brulee, but it's very good, a sweet, creamy, caramel flavor that is just so yummy. Even the smell is great; when he tested it on me, it was all I could do not to sneak my tongue in to taste it... off of my own body. I was actually on the verge of licking my own boobs, it smelled so good. You only need a few drops for, say, a breast "massage," so this little bottle will last a goodly while. It will, leave your skin slightly scented for hours, even after you rinse it off. I wouldn't recommend using it as an actual massage oil, though. It will leave your skin a bit sticky, and it doesn't glide well enough for a serious, deep massage. Be careful using this in the genital area, as this is not condom compatible, and oils may not play well with every vagina.

The Please lube was nice. It's a thick, creamy lube that never got sticky and kept its glide. Unfortunately, we weren't able to test this for partner sex, as I have a sensitivity to parabens. The new formulation of Please Cream Lube is paraben free, but unfortunately some of the packets in these kits are the old formula, which contained parabens. As my partner doesn't share my problem, I turned the packet over to him for testing. He loved it, both for anal play and for use with his very highly textured sleeves. He has one sleeve that is almost too stimulating, so a thick lube tones it down to mind-blowingly pleasurable instead of very uncomfortable. For anal toys, he loved how thick this was. It made insertion a breeze, and then it had the staying power to keep up with him for a good while. Given how much he loved it, we'll definitely be buying a bottle of the new paraben-free formula!

The vibrator that comes with the kit is a push-button one-speed watch-battery-devouring waterproof bullet. It's stronger than some of its breed, but it's also rather loud. Honestly, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. There's nothing special about this bullet. It was a nice touch to include one, as it's a great way to ease nervous new users into sex toys. However, more advanced users will find nothing new or exciting here. If you need a new one to put in toys with a bullet vibe hole, or need something really tiny to smuggle along on vacation, great, but it's really in there for the beginners.

Overall, this was a great little kit. It's a great way to try out new massage products and lube, and makes a great little kit for a romantic weekend. I'll probably be going back to purchase more of everything but the bullet, and recommending it to my massage-loving friends.

Thanks to Good Vibrations Sex Toys for sending me this fun kit to review!



This product was provided to me free of charge by GoodVibrations in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.


I'm Tickled - Submit to Tickled.it

No comments:

Post a Comment