Monday, October 5, 2009

Review: Sensual Love Lotion

Sensual Love Lotion by Hathor Aphrodisia is a perfumed lotion scented with essential oils that supposedly have aphrodisiac properties.

Or should I say, massage oil masquerading as a lotion.


After messing around with it for a few days, I had come to the conclusion that this was a nice lotion. It absorbed nice and quickly, so there's no way it could be used as a massage oil, right? You'd have to keep applying rather large amounts frequently to get a decent massage. This stuff is rather strongly scented, so you'd quickly start to smell like a perfume factory. Not sexy, so lotion it is.

While most of the people I asked loved the scent of this lotion, I ran into a problem: it triggers my asthma. If I use more than the tiniest amount on my fingers, I'm reaching for my inhaler in minutes. I find the smell harsh, acrid, and unpleasant. To be honest, the first thing I thought when I pulled it out of the box was “why the hell did someone spray this with Deep Woods OFF?!” Honestly, my first reaction was that it smelled like bug-spray. Not pretty scented bug-spray either, but the heavy duty stuff that makes you reek for hours.

But no one else seems to think it smells bad, so it’s probably just my body’s defense mechanism: perceive it as smelling bad so I’ll keep away from it.

It’s really too bad that I can’t stand the smell of this stuff, though. If you pretend it was never designed to be a massage oil, the lotion base is ridiculously awesome. It’s smooth, it’s thin, it absorbs super-fast without leaving me with greasy hands, it keeps my hands moisturized through multiple hand-washings... if I could get this stuff in fragrance-free, I’d be a happy camper. As it is, though, I’m just an unhappy camper who thinks she smells like bug spray.

Head over to EdenFantasys to read my full review!


This product was provided to me free of charge by EdenFantasys in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment