Sunday, February 21, 2010

Review: Rock Chick

Ah, the Rock Chick. Rarely has there been a toy more polarizing. It's a great concept. A pure silicone toy designed to nestle in and stimulate both clitoris and g-spot, hands-free. A powerful bullet to run it, and soft ridges to rock against. A soft silicone joint so that the C shape can open as much or little as possible as necessary for comfort. It's a really, really good idea, but it needs to come in a variety of sizes, because it is not at all "one size fits all."

In many ways, I love the Rock Chick. The texture and density of the silicone are just the way I like them: dense, but still with a bit of give when squeezed; firm, but will bend if you want them to; soft and velvety to the touch. It's got a really nice g-spot hook going on, and when I get it lined up right it feels absolutely marvelous. The bullet is nice and strong, too - enough that even the end of the hook vibrates nicely, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Consider putting a little dab of water-based lube on the vibrator before putting it into the silicone, to make removal easier.

The Rock Chick is pretty easy to care for. No silicone lubes without a spot test, all other lubes are good to go. If you need to sanitize it, remove the bullet and either bleach or boil the body of the toy. For day to day cleaning, soap or toy cleaners should be just fine. The silicone of which this is made tends to attract dust and lint, so I'd suggest storing it in a plastic or lint-free fabric bag.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit my body correctly. It's designed for bodies with a much higher g-spot, and a higher clitoris than mine. When I get the hook lined up with my g-spot, there's more than an inch extra just hanging out of my vagina, and there's no way I can get the rest of the toy in contact with my clit, hands or no hands. When I push the rest of the toy into place and get my clit happy, the hook ends up way out in left field at best, and tangoing with my cervix at worst. Either way, my pussy is not happy.

On its own, the bullet is nice. It's one of the newer RO 80mm that now ships with the Rock Chick. It's longer than your usual wireless bullet, with a point on one end for some serious pinpoint stimulation. The metallic purple and silver of the bullet are very cute, too. While it only has one speed, it's a nice strong vibration that's definitely above that of the standard wireless bullet.

This toy is most likely to work for you if your g-spot is almost 4 inches inside the entrance to your vagina, and your clitoris is around 3 inches from the entrance. I am more short-coupled in both directions, so it just didn't fit me. Otherwise it's a fantastic design that I really, really wanted to adore - I'd be the first in line if they started making a series of shorter models.





This product was provided to me free of charge by Babeland in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment