Monday, November 30, 2009

Early attempts at making floggers.

Don't tell my boyfriend, but I'm having a lovely time making things to redden his sexy spanish bottom with. While we have the Fluffy Flogger, and it's a lot of fun, it just doesn't speak to me, if that makes any sense. I'll be using it, and it's just... there. It doesn't feel quite... right. I don't know why, but it doesn't. And I'm not the biggest fan of having it used on me, either. We have a nice paddle, and I like it from both ends, but it's not a flogger. There's something about floggers that just appeals to me. Being a bit of an artsy-fartsy person who often develops an intense connection with her pieces, I decided that it was time I started trying to make my own floggers.


My first few tries were laughable disasters that never saw the light of day. We shall not speak of them again, ne?

Next, I made a fun little number from knotted satin cord. I was going for something cute, unintimidating, and nice and soft and I need to keep this thing from unraveling.

Knotted satin? Stings and bites like a bitch. I should be shot for considering sewing beads to the knots. I still want to try, but I don't trust his aim enough yet.

It's still a pretty little thing, with glossy white and royal blue knotted falls, and a slick black handle. I was trying for something to start the boyfriend on, that I would enjoy using more than our Fluffy Flogger. Turns out he's not really a fan of sting, thud's more his speed. At least for now, I'm on the other end of the spectrum, so she hangs in the closet, looking pretty and not doing much else.

Sitting in my lap is a half-finished rope flogger made of nylon rope. It's got 30 falls about 1 foot long, which I'm knotting and unraveling 2 inches from the end. It's a brilliant, pure-looking white, which appeals to my evil sense of mind-fuck. The handle's a simple whipped wrap, no solid core. I'm thinking about driving a dowel down the center for rigidity, and wrapping over the cord with something more decorative. Perhaps white satin ribbon woven with black electrical tape, and maybe wire wrapping underneath for grip. I'm thinking some of my 20 gauge copper; I'd put it on the outside, but my skin doesn't play nicely with copper for prolonged contact. Also trying to figure out how to add Turks Heads to the ends. I know how to make them, I just don't know how to put them on... But enough rambling.

The other one I'm working on is made of hemp. I'm roping it into a thicker 2-stranded twist - this makes it a bit less stingy, and hides both ends in the top so I don't have to worry about fraying. I'm not sure how I'm going to put the whole thing together at this point. I can only make a few falls a day before my hands start to blister, so I've got a while to think about it. I'm going to test the falls on my boyfriend before I put it all together. If he doesn't like the sensation, I may just make me a nice little penitent out of them. Father forgive me, for I have sinned! Would you mind if I sinned again?

Why yes I do have an odd way of speaking to my deity of choice. The day God starts complaining will be the day I stop thanking him for all the juicy details.

So that's what I've been doing while I read research papers for my bibliography. At least it keeps my hands busy! When I unearth the charger for my camera and finish them, I'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment