Thursday, February 4, 2010

Review: Devinn Lane's Vibrator

Devinn Lane's vibrator (which shall from here on be referred to as the DLV) is a tapered Crystalessence (PVC) vibrator with a definite snaky feel. With scales running down the belly, and ridges down the back, it's got plenty of texture to go around. The slow taper out from the very pronounced head makes insertion easier, and the bullet in the wider base gives more stimulation the further down you go. The bullet has a decent amount of power behind it, too. To a gal who likes gentle textures in softer materials, this looked like a lot of fun.


However, the material is this toy's downfall. I can forgive a toy for stinking to high heaven the first day, as long as it dissipated. This one did not. Use in a well ventilated space! The density of the material was a problem, too. It's soft enough that the flat scales never register on my texture-o-meter, but it's hard enough that the much heavier ridges are rather unyielding, and end up digging and pulling at the vaginal walls. (even with lots and lots of lube, silicone and water-based) Definitely not a sensation I’m fond of. A condom made it an easier ride, but the shape of the toy made it very, very hard to keep the condom in place. Finally, I resorted to using Magnums and tying them off below the base of the vibrator. That made it rather hard to use speed dial, let me tell you!

Condom-wrapped, the DVL was a decent insertable vibrator. It had a little texture, it was easy to insert, it had a nice head ridge, and it vibrated. Unfortunately, that tapering shape did worse than nothing for me. I either want a toy to be thin, or thick. Narrow toys can be fun, because you can work them around every which way and get at all the right spots with great accuracy. Thick toys are fun, because they fill you up in a delicious way. Tapered toys that tease me with the increasing girth, and leave me trying to cram one more inch into my vagina so I can reach the thick part I know is coming? Just frustrating.

Externally, this made a fun toy for the clit and vulva. The ridges that were so gawd-awful painful inside were fun to send rippling across the lips, and they transmitted the vibrations decently. Used this way, the poor thing actually managed to get me off once or twice.

When I went to clean the DLV, it got another big strike against it. It is supposed to be waterproof, and the O-ring around the battery compartment seems to back up this claim. However, after tightening down the battery compartment as far as it would go, then rinsing it off under the running water, there was enough water in the battery compartment to wet down the batteries completely. The only way to safely clean it is with spray-on cleaners, wipes, or a wet cloth, since the battery compartment leaks so badly. Submerging the (battery-less) DLV in the sink made the battery compartment slowly start to fill as the water seeped in. This is not acceptable in a waterproof toy.

The final lid in this toy’s coffin came when the material started seeping. I tried this toy about a dozen times in the first few weeks I had it, trying to make it work for me. It was kind of cute, if you like snakes. After a while, I tossed it to the back of my toy drawer in defeat. When I brought it back out about two months after receiving it, I was met with a shock. A slimy, sticky substance had leached out of the material. Morbidly curious, I cleaned it off, wrapped the toy in a paper towel, and put it back for another two weeks. Again, the same thing happened. Condom or not, I’m not putting a toy that’s degrading so badly so quickly anywhere near my pussy ever again. We just don’t care for zombie vibrators, you know?

It has come to my attention that, sometime after I purchased this toy while new to vibrators, California Exotics finally discontinued the DLV. Thank goodness!


product picture
Traditional vibrator by California Exotic
Material: Crystalessence™
Safety:
Rating:
Vroom:
Bee:


This product was purchased by the reviewer. No review was asked for in exchange for this product. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment