Monday, March 29, 2010

Review: Tango III

I wanted to love the Tango, really I did. From the moment I pulled it out of its box, I was in love. The sleek lines, reminiscent of some interstellar spaceship. The soft, plush, pet-able silicone. The power. THE POWER.

Because man, oh, man, did that motor have power. It purred. It rumbled. It thrummed.

And if they'd bothered to put a motor in the actual clit stimulator itself, I might have absolutely adored this toy.

Unfortunately, they decided that it would be a good idea to have just one motor, and to put it in the base of the shaft. The clit stimulator sticks out from that region, so it conducts some of the vibration. It's really just a tickle, though. A mild, slightly fluttery vibration. It's also in a slightly awkward place relative to my body, so it barely touched my clit. I reached down to push it into place, like I do with every single other rabbit-style vibrator.

The vibrations stopped. As soon as I pushed on it to shift it into position, I completely damped out the vibrations in the clit portion of the toy. The shaft continued to thrum happily to itself, but my poor clit was feeling left out. I generally need at least moderate clit stimulation to get off, and I couldn't even get that out of this toy. Failing that, I need some pretty good g-spot stimulation to get me there. Guess what? That nice curve is far too high in my vagina to do more than wave hello to my g-spot on its way in. I'd have to either partly remove it for maneuvering (pulling the outer portion away from my clit) or do some pretty vigorous thrusting to get much g-spot play from the Tango.

I wanted to love the Tango so badly, but you know what? In the end, no matter how many times I tried, it was doomed to join the ranks of the very few sex toys that never, ever managed to give me a single orgasm. Ever. And from an otherwise amazing toy, that makes me very sad.

You can head over to EdenFantasys to read my full review. If you like toys that are mostly internal stimulation and just a wee bit of external? Consider buying it, but think hard before you take the plunge - $95 is kind of steep for a toy with such a deep flaw.


product picture
G-spot and clitoral vibrator by Fun Factory
Material: Silicone
Safety:
Rating:
Vroom:
Bee:


I'm Tickled - Submit to Tickled.it

4 comments:

  1. In what world is it a good idea to put one motor in a dual-stimulating toy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't the foggiest, but it makes an otherwise great toy a failure in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY crap, $96!?!?! Wow, yeah, no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's steep. For that price, there should definitely be a second motor. Or it should be able to make me a sammich!

    ReplyDelete