Thursday, April 1, 2010

Unexpected Benefit of Nuvaring

So far, the Nuvaring and I have been getting along pretty well. I've had no crazy mood swings, no depression, no crazy weight gain (that can't be explained by the just under 1000mg of prednisone I've been given in the last month), no expensive explosion in boob size (new bras? expensive as shit when you're a small girl with big tits), minimal bloating and boob tenderness... basically, we're doing pretty well. I have yet to experience a full-fledged "period" on the Nuvaring, so we shall see how that goes. (I skipped one intentionally. The next one I tried to shorten by leaving a 4 day gap instead of the full week... no dice. I got nada.)

I am, however, having breakthrough bleeding. Which totally sucks hardcore. It's starting to look like it's just going to continue until the time comes to fish the little bugger out for the week off withdrawal bleed. (Yes, I know the phrasing's awkward. But it's accurate.)

(I've noticed I'm using parentheses a lot today. I wonder why? Maybe it's because my mind is flitting in a hundred directions, and I wanted to show a few of them to you. Whatever, back to your regularly scheduled blog post.)

Today I discovered an absolutely wonderful plus side of the Nuvaring, though. When you get a horrid stomach bug and can't keep food down, you don't have to worry about taking a pill that's never going to make it into your system. The Nuvaring, sneeky little ninja that it is, completely bypasses the gastrointestinal tract. By being in your vagina. So you don't have to worry about getting spotting or breakthrough bleeding or anything when you get sick.

Because that? Would totally suck.

I'm Tickled - Submit to Tickled.it

No comments:

Post a Comment